Andrew G. Klein joined Western Washington University (WWU) in 2014 as an Assistant Professor with a joint appointment to the department of Engineering and Design (Electrical Engineering Program) and the graduate faculty of Computer Science. He received the B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Cornell University, and the M.S. degree in electrical engineering and computer sciences from the University of California, Berkeley. He then worked for awhile at several Silicon Valley startup companies before returning to Cornell to pursue a Ph.D. in electrical and computer engineering in 2006. Prior to his arrival at WWU, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Supélec/LSS near Paris, France, and was an assistant professor at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Andrea Frost is a graduate student in the Computer Science department, and works as a Data Science & Analytics Engineer at Ionic Security. She is currently studying supervised and unsupervised machine-learning-based approaches of classifying paper texture. In addition, she is an active member of the community, volunteering with programs such as the WWU Association for Women in Computing, the Creators & Innovators Club for Girls, and Whatcom Hospice. In her spare time she loves to travel and hike with her dog and significant other in the mountains. Andrea has been to all 50 United States and more than 20 countries overseas.
Mitch Overdick is a junior in the Electrical Engineering program and is pursuing a minor in Mathematics. Since summer 2015, he has been working as an NSF-funded research assistant to study and implement a timestamp-free synchronization algorithm. In his spare time, Mitchell enjoys hanging with out with Joe, working on cars, listening to music, and learning to play the drums.
Joe Canfield is a junior in the Electrical Engineering program and is working on the timestamp-free synchronization project. He is also pursuing minors in Mathematics, Audio Technology, and Music. In his spare time he enjoys playing guitar, sailing, and practicing Kung Fu.
former undergraduate students
- Kirsten Basinet: B.S. 2016 (expected), WWU.
- Dustin Sjoerdsma: B.S. 2016 (expected), WWU.
- Nick Conroy: B.S. 2015, WWU. Last known coordinates: Kenworth Truck Co.
former graduate students
- Raquel G. Machado: Ph.D. 2015, WPI. Last known coordinates: Huawei Technologies
- Wenmin He: M.S. 2013, WPI. Last known coordinates: Markem-Imaje.
- Yanjie Peng: Ph.D. 2013, WPI. Last known coordinates: The Mathworks, Inc.
- Daisy Qingxiong Deng: Ph.D. 2012, WPI. Last known coordinates: Oracle, Inc.
- Briana Morey: M.S. 2010, WPI. Last known coordinates: MC10, Inc.
- Rick Brown: Associate Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Chris Brown: Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Phil Klausmeyer: Conservation Scientist, Worcester Art Museum.
- Rick Martin: Associate Professor, Air Force Institute of Technology.
- Patrice Abry: Research Director, ENS Lyon.