Andrew G. Klein joined Western Washington University (WWU) in 2014 as an Assistant Professor with a joint appointment to the department of Engineering and Design (Electrical Engineering Program) and the graduate faculty of Computer Science. He received the B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Cornell University, and the M.S. degree in electrical engineering and computer sciences from the University of California, Berkeley. He then worked for awhile at several Silicon Valley startup companies before returning to Cornell to pursue a Ph.D. in electrical and computer engineering in 2006. Prior to his arrival at WWU, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Supélec/LSS near Paris, France, and was an assistant professor at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Nick Conroy is a Senior in the Electrical Engineering Technology program and is currently investigating ways to spy on neighborhood utility usage with software defined radio. He is also currently working on his Senior Project which will demonstrate an internet connected first-aid kit with RFID based contents tracking. Since coming to Western in 2010, he has been the Electronics Design Lead for the WWU Formula SAE team and among other things has been actively pushing development of a fully electric powertrain. Nick also enjoys embedded systems development, PCB layout, and the prospect of being paid to do these things after graduation.
Dustin Sjoerdsma is a junior in the Electrical Engineering program, and is working with Bellingham Community Radio at make.shift, a local DIY art/music space, to help them identify a location for their low-power FM radio antenna. In his spare time, he enjoys running ridiculously long distances.
former graduate students
- Raquel G. Machado: Ph.D. 2015, WPI. Last known coordinates: Huawei Technologies
- Wenmin He: M.S. 2013, WPI. Last known coordinates: Markem-Imaje.
- Yanjie Peng: Ph.D. 2013, WPI. Last known coordinates: The Mathworks, Inc.
- Daisy Qingxiong Deng: Ph.D. 2012, WPI. Last known coordinates: Oracle, Inc.
- Briana Morey: M.S. 2010, WPI. Last known coordinates: MC10, Inc.
- Rick Brown: Associate Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Chris Brown: Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Phil Klausmeyer: Conservation Scientist, Worcester Art Museum.
- Rick Martin: Associate Professor, Air Force Institute of Technology.
- Patrice Abry: Research Director, ENS Lyon.